Kojic Acid is known as 5- hydroxyl -2- hydroxymethyl -1 and 4- piranone. It is a weak acidic organic compound made by fermentation of microorganisms.Fine tramperic acid is a white or yellowish needle like crystal; easily soluble in water, alcohol and acetone, slightly soluble in ether, ethyl acetate, chloroform and pyridine, insoluble in benzene; its molecular formula is C6H6O4,Molecular weight142.1,Melting point153～156℃.
Key Technical Parameters
|Appearance||White or off white crystal|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%|
|Residue on Ignition||≤0.1%|
|Heavy Metals||≤3 ppm|
It is applied in the field of cosmetics. In the human skin, tyrosine is synthesized by the complex oxidation and polymerization of oxygen free radicals under the catalysis of tyrosinase, and finally the melanin is synthesized. Kojic Acid can inhibit the synthesis of tyrosinase, so it can strongly inhibit the formation of skin melanin, and it is safe and non-toxic, and will not produce leukoplakia, so Kojic has been added into the make-up water, mask, emulsion, skin cream, and can effectively treat freckles, old age spots, pigmentation, acne and other whitening cosmetics.20ug/ml.A variety of tyrosinase can be inhibited by the concentration of Kojic Acid 70 to 80% of the vitality is recommended in cosmetics, adding 0.2 to 1%.Kojic Acid is the raw material for producing maltol and ethyl maltol.In pharmaceutical,Kojic Acid has no mutagenic effect on eukaryotic cells, it can also eliminate the internal free radicals, enhance the power of the white cell, and be beneficial to the health of the human body. Therefore, Kojic Acid has already been used as the raw material of cephalosporins, and the finished product is used to treat the diseases such as headache and toothache, and the analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects are ten Divide the ideal.In agricultural field,it can be used to produce biological pesticides. The bio micro fertilizer (deep red liquid), made of 0.5 to 1% Kojic Acids, is applied to the grain and vegetable, whether it is a low concentration as a foliar fertilizer or a growth increasing agent for root application.Kojic Acid can also be used as iron analysis reagent, film speckle inhibitor, ect.
- Anti-aging Effect: Products containing Kojic Acid may lighten the skin, which can improve the appearance of age spots and sun damage. The reduction of dark spots can have an anti-aging effect.
- Treat Melasma: Kojic Acid may also be helpful in decreasing melasma, which is darkening of the skin due to pregnancy.
- Decrease the Appearance of Scars: Kojic Acid may also reduce the discoloration of scars. Although the acid does not improve the thickness of scar tissue, it may reduce dark pigmentation associated with certain types of scars. Lightening the scar may make it less noticeable.
- Antifungal Benefits: Kojic Acid is also thought to have some antifungal benefits. It may be helpful in preventing and treating certain fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot and yeast infections.
- Antibacterial Effects: Kojic Acid may also provide antibacterial benefits. It may help decrease the chances of developing common types of bacterial skin infections.